What is WCF?
WCF stands for Windows Communication Foundation. The main use of WCF is to develop distributed system. WCF main feature is interoperability.
What are Advantages of using WCF?
3. Enhance security and reliability compared to ASMX (Web services)
WCF services have following elements
Message – This is the object which gets exchanged in every communication. WCF services support message in various formats like XML, JSON, Plain Text.
Endpoint – Endpoint generally describe where to communicate.Endpoint is an address in format like http://<localhost>/myservice, net.tcp://<localhost>/mynewservice
Hosting – WCF supports multiple hosting. Self-hosting, Windows Hosting, WAS (Windows Activation Service) Hosting. We will see more about WCF hosting in upcoming blogs.
Related blogs to WCF Service-
- Introduction to WCF
- ABC of WCF
- Basics of WCF Architecture
- WCF vs Web Service
- What is XML serialization?
- WCF Binding
- Create first WCF application
- Fault Contract in
- WCF Data Contract vs Message Contract
- Message Contract
- Data Contract Serialization and De-Serialization
- Data Contract in WCF
- Operation Contract in WCF
- Service Contract in WCF
- How to host a WCF service in IIS?
- WAS Hosting in WCF
- Self Hosting in WCF
- How to create WCF RESTful Service.