What is WCF?
WCF stands for Windows Communication Foundation. The main use of WCF is to develop distributed system. WCF main feature is interoperability.
WCF services have following elements
Message – This is the object which gets exchanged in every communication. WCF services support message in various formats like XML, JSON, Plain Text.
Endpoint – Endpoint generally describe where to communicate.Endpoint is an address in format like http://<localhost>/myservice, net.tcp://<localhost>/mynewservice
Hosting – WCF supports multiple hosting. Self-hosting, Windows Hosting, WAS (Windows Activation Service) Hosting. We will see more about WCF hosting in upcoming blogs.
Related blogs to WCF Service-
- Introduction to WCF
- ABC of WCF
- Basics of WCF Architecture
- WCF vs Web Service
- What is XML serialization?
- WCF Binding
- Create first WCF application
- Fault Contract in
- WCF Data Contract vs Message Contract
- Message Contract
- Data Contract Serialization and De-Serialization
- Data Contract in WCF
- Operation Contract in WCF
- Service Contract in WCF
- How to host a WCF service in IIS?
- WAS Hosting in WCF
- Self Hosting in WCF
- How to create WCF RESTful Service.