In this article, we will about Azure plans, Azure Advisor, Monitor and Azure Service health. This article is based on Azure AZ 900 exam preparation.
Azure supports following plans – Basic, Developer, Standard and Professional Direct (Pro Direct)
|Scope||All||Trial and Non-Production||Production Environment||Critical Business App|
|Email & Phone Support||N/A||In Business hrs. by Email||24×7||24×7|
|Response SLA||N/A||Severity C Only < 8 hrs.||Sev. A < 1 hr. | Sev. B < 4 hrs. | Sev. C < 8 hrs.||Sev. A < 1 hr. | Sev. B < 2 hrs. | Sev. C < 4 hrs.|
|Architecture Support||N/A||General Guidance||General Guidance||Guidance from a dedicated Delivery Manager|
It is an automated recommendation for improving Azure reliability, performance and security for a better service within budget.
Azure Advisor can recommend about subscription, resource group or a service.
It also notify in case of a new recommendation is available for user.
Task of Azure Advisor
- Azure Advisor provides a score to improve the reliability and performance.
- For example – Azure Advisor can recommend to take backup, If a VM data backup is not enabled by user.
- It also creates Azure Service Health alerts to let the user know about issues in Azure Services.
- It also send alerts for optimizing VM by adding or removing VM instances.
It collects and analyze the logs and metrics. Azure monitor is capable to monitor services in Azure as well as in on-premise environments.
Advantages of Azure Monitor
- It can monitor resources across multiple Azure subscription.
- Azure Monitor helps to identify the issue and then trigger alerts.
- Azure Monitor Metrics allow you to collect data from monitored resources.
- It tells you if any of your resource like VM or DB service is down.
Task that can be performed with Azure Monitor
- Application Insights – To identify and diagnose the application related issues.
- VM Insights – Look into the performance and health of VM and Scale Sets.
- Container Insights – Monitor performance of Containers.
- Log Analytics – Troubleshoot the issues based on data gathered from logs.
- Create Alerts – Send SMS, Email based on logs. For eg – VM optimization alerts. (Auto Scaling)
- Create Dashboard – Azure Monitor can create a dashboard based on log data.
Azure Service Health
It is a personalized alerts for Azure services. Azure Service Health is totally based upon subscription, services and regions.
It sends you notification for Azure service incidents and planned maintenance. Azure Service Health consists of Azure status, the service health service, and Resource Health.
Azure Status – It tells about global status of Azure health. For example – Is there any issue in any specific Azure region?
Go to status.azure.com to check Azure health region wise.
Azure Service Health – It tells about the specific Azure service. Is there a problem with any Azure service?
It also tells about an Azure service which will be decommissioned in future.
Azure Resource Health – Is there any issue with resource within your Azure subscription?
How to create Azure Service Health in Azure Portal?
To create Azure Service Health, please follow the steps given below.
- Select Service Health in Azure Menu.
- Select Health Alerts under Alerts section.
- Click on Add service health alert and follow the wizard.
If you are preparing for AZ 900 certification, then follow this link - Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) Certification Sample Questions