10 Facts you should know about AMP
Below are 10 facts in this blog which clearly describe the benefits of AMP HTML, where and when someone should implement AMP HTML pages.
Let's see the facts one by one.
1. AMP is an open source web component and libraryRemember AMP is not a new programming language. It is a normal HTML with some additional tags. AMP introduced by Google.
2. AMP main target is at static contentAn AMP HTML page gets cached at Google server. Once it is cached, next onward requests get served from Google server itself. That's why it is fast and loads quickly.
In case, you have dynamic content which is fetching data from your data sources like SQL then it will take usual time to respond. So, AMP main target is at static pages.
3. AMP supports cross-platform and cross-browserAMP pages can run on any platform and on any browser, that's the beauty of AMP.
It loads faster than any other traditional web page and supports cross-platform.
4. AMP is mainly for light-weight experienceAs we have discussed earlier, AMP pages get cached at Google server. So it is lightweight, loads quickly.
5. AMP is mainly for mobile device but you can use for desktop as well.If you are planning to implement AMP page into your project, then it depends.
If you have already a running website then you just create AMP version of those pages and make it discoverable using a canonical tag.
If you are creating a project from scratch then you can create a single AMP version of a page.
But remember, AMP strongly recommend static content.
6. You can use AMP with your current running websiteAs discussed earlier, If you have a running website then also you can implement AMP HTML.
To do this you have to create AMP version of your popular landing pages. In this case, you have to maintain AMP version and non-AMP version of the same page.
7. AMP is for a broader audienceAMP HTML is focused on webpage performance. If your webpage is popular and has huge traffic then it is recommended to go for AMP HTML page for the mobile device.This will enhance your page performance and will reduce user dropout rate.
8. AMP vs PWA. Which is better?AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages and PWA stands for Progressive Web App.
Till now what I have found is the main advantages of AMP is, it is having Google support. On another side, PWA can also work in an Offline network which is a plus point of PWA.
If I compare AMP and PWA, I couldn't find a solid reason based on that it can be said which one is better. But as of now, AMP is more popular than PWA.
9. Pairing AMP version with non-AMP versionOnce you have created AMP and non-AMP versions then if a Search engine like Google finds a blog with a Non-AMP version of a page, how would Google know an AMP version of the same page is available.
That can be achieved by adding a link tag with rel="amphtml" attributes in the non-AMP page
10. AMP supports third-party platformYou can do all the cool stuff like facebook sharing, adding twitter widgets, third-party ads on your AMP HTML pages.
Hope the facts described above are clear.
Please share this URL and give your comment below.
Keep Following - SharePointCafe.Net