Angular is a well known powerful web application framework in use today. To provide better stability and highly optimized web application, Angular has released multiple versions from time to time. In this post, you will get brief data of angular version history.
So far, Angular Team has released multiple Angular versions. Let’s look at Angular Versioning and releases one by one.
Angular Version 2
It is a completely new change from AngularJS.
Angular 1.x was not worked in view of versatile help, where Angular 2 is portably situated.
It is composed completely in TypeScript. It was released in September 2016.
Version Angular 3 was skipped because of a confound between libraries versions in Angular 2.
Angular 4 was released in March 2017. There is no significant change in Angular 4 from Angular 2.
Angular 5 was released in November 2017.
Following are the significant Angular 5 features :
- Build Optimizer: production builds made with the Angular CLI will currently apply the build analyzer as a matter of course.
- Compiler Improvements
- RxJS 5.5 help
You should read this - Angular 2 vs Angular 4 vs Angular 5
Angular 6.0.0 was released on May 2018. It was released with Angular CLI 6 and Material 6.
Significant Features Released in Angular 6
- Two new angular cli orders added : ng update and ng add
- Angular Material Starter Components
- Part Dev Kit (CDK)
- Activity Performance Improvements
- RxJS v6 support
Angular 7 was released in October 2018, with Angular CLI 7 and Angular Material 7.
It is released with execution enhancements and some fascinating features.
Significant Features Released in Angular 7
- Pack spending plans in CLI.
- Content Projection support in Angular Elements
- Backing of TypeScript 3.1
- Update in RxJS 6.3
Angular 8 is released in May 2019.
Significant Features Released in Angular 8
- Dynamic Imports for Route Configurations.
- Builder APIs in CLI: It is an intriguing element, utilizing this we can alter angular CLI orders like ng build, ng test, and ng run.
- Web Worker Support
- ng deploy is included Angular CLI 8.3.0
Angular 9 is released in Feb 2020. It is the synchronized significant delivery with Angular CLI 9 and Angular Material 9.
Angular 9 thought of the most anticipated Ivy compiler.
Significant Features Released in Angular 9
- Ivy Compiler
- TypeScript 3.7 Support
Angular 10 is the most recent significant version released in Jun 2020. This is a more modest delivery correlation with other significant deliveries in view of simply a four-month time from the past significant delivery v9.
Significant Features Released in Angular 10 are –
- New Angular Material Component
- Backing of TypeScript 3.9
- TSLib has been refreshed to v2.0
- New Default Browser Configuration
Angular 11 was released on Nov 11, 2020, and according to the Angular authority site, the Long expression support (LTS) finishes on May 11, 2022.
What’s new in Angular version 11?
- TypeScript 4.0 Support
- WebPack 5 Support
- Moving from TSLint to ESLint
- Refreshed Language Service Preview
- Quicker Builds
- Refreshed Hot Module Replacement Support
Angular Version 12
Angular 12 was released on May 12, 2021. The Long-Term-Support (LTS) of this version ends on Nov 12, 2022.
Below are some key highlights in Angular version 12 –
- Running ng build currently defaults to production for new v12 projects which saves groups some additional means and assists with forestalling coincidental development builds in production.
- Exacting mode is empowered of course in the CLI. Exacting mode helps get mistakes prior in the development cycle.
- The Ivy-based Language Service is moving from pick in to on naturally.
- Expostulating Support for IE11
You may read about Angular 12 here - Angular v12 is now available. It’s that time again, friends — we’re… | by Mark Techson | May, 2021 | Angular Blog
As on July 2021, Angular 12 is the latest released from Google.