What is ABC of WCF? WCF service comes into existence with a valid EndPoint. An endpoint consists of 3 major components.
These components are generally refer as ABC of WCF.
A- Address (Where)
B- Binding (How)
C- Contract (What)
An address is basically an URL for eg- http://localhost:1001/myservice/testservice.svc
Binding describes that how a client will communicate with WCF service. It tells that what protocol will be used to communicate, as WCF supports various protocols like HTTP, TCP, MSMQ, Named Pipes
The contract tells that what an endpoint will communicate and the client will be aware of the operations that were exposed.
<endpoint address="http://localhost:1001/myservice/testservice.svc" contract="ITestService"
In next blog, I will wrote about various types of Bindings in WCF
Related blogs to WCF Service-
- Introduction to WCF
- ABC of WCF
- Basics of WCF Architecture
- WCF vs Web Service
- What is XML serialization?
- WCF Binding
- Create first WCF application
- Fault Contract in
- WCF Data Contract vs Message Contract
- Message Contract
- Data Contract Serialization and De-Serialization
- Data Contract in WCF
- Operation Contract in WCF
- Service Contract in WCF
- How to host a WCF service in IIS?
- WAS Hosting in WCF
- Self Hosting in WCF
- How to create WCF RESTful Service.