If you are new to Data Contract and Message Contract. Please read my earlier blogs. Data Contract Message in WCF
Data Contract has very less control over SOAP message, while Message Contract has full control.
Data Contract vs Message Contract
- Data Contract is used to define the structure of data which will be exchanged between client and server.
- On another side, Message Contract is used to control the SOAP message. For example, if you have developed a service which requires Authentication, in this case, user credentials should be sent in SOAP message header and here the role of Message Contract starts.
Related blogs to WCF Service-
- Introduction to WCF
- ABC of WCF
- Basics of WCF Architecture
- WCF vs Web Service
- What is XML serialization?
- WCF Binding
- Create first WCF application
- Fault Contract in
- WCF Data Contract vs Message Contract
- Message Contract
- Data Contract Serialization and De-Serialization
- Data Contract in WCF
- Operation Contract in WCF
- Service Contract in WCF
- How to host a WCF service in IIS?
- WAS Hosting in WCF
- Self Hosting in WCF
- How to create WCF RESTful Service.
Please follow and like us: