On a team site also publishing feature can be enabled.But once you enable the Publishing feature on a collaborative site, such as a team site or a blank site, you can no longer save that site as a template. This is something you should be aware of before making the choice to enable specific features or functionality on existing sites.
- From the SharePoint Central Administration site, create a new site collection from the Application Management section using the Team Site template called “SPCafeTeam Site.”
- From the main page of your new team site, select Site Settings from the Site Actions menu.
- Select Site Collection Features from the Site Collection Administration links.
- Click the Activate button next to the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature.
- Return to the Site Settings page of your site.
- Select Site Features from Site Administration links.
- Click the Activate button next to the SharePoint Server Publishing feature.