Recently I installed Windows 10 and started developing application in MVC5. I hosted my application in IIS, but it was throwing below error while accessing URL.
This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault=”Deny”), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode=”Deny” or the legacy allowOverride=”false”.
I searched this issue over internet and found the solution.
- Go to Program and Features
- Click on Turn Windows Features on or off
- Select Internet Information Services
- Select World Wide Web Services
- Select Application Development Features
- Check all except CGI, ASP and few more as shown in below screen shot.
This solution work for me.
Try this and comment down below if it helps you.