I was working on a project where all my SharePoint inherits from a custom master page with predefined Page Layout.
I got a requirement where i need to create few pages with different layouts.
There are various ways to do this. One is to create a new Page Layout by coding and select your layout while adding new page to Page library, another way is to create a new master page (i.e. create a blank master page).
I followed second option. I created a copy of existing master and modified it accordingly.
- I added a page with existing Page Layout.
- I opened that page in SharePoint Designer 2010 and changed the master page name from top of the section.
<%@ Page language=”C#” MasterPageFile=”../_catalogs/masterpage/blank.master” ……
- I checked in file and published.but it was showing my custom master page layout.
- This is because your page is attached with an existing Page Layout.
- To detach page layout, open Page Library, Right Click on Page and Select “Detach from Page Layout”.
- You have to replace the existing Page tag with below tag:
- If you are getting below error (as shown in below screen). Then you must verify path of your master page file.