WCF stands for Windows Communication Foundation, introduced by Microsoft. WCF is one of the popular technology to build Service-Oriented Systems.
WCF is the unified model for all existing distributed technologies by Microsoft such as ASMX Web Service,.Net Remoting.
WCF supports HTTP, TCP, MSMQ and other protocol as well to communicate.
Read this - What is Microservice Architecture?
Related blogs to WCF Service-
- Introduction to WCF
- ABC of WCF
- Basics of WCF Architecture
- WCF vs Web Service
- What is XML serialization?
- WCF Binding
- Create first WCF application
- Fault Contract in
- WCF Data Contract vs Message Contract
- Message Contract
- Data Contract Serialization and De-Serialization
- Data Contract in WCF
- Operation Contract in WCF
- Service Contract in WCF
- How to host a WCF service in IIS?
- WAS Hosting in WCF
- Self Hosting in WCF
- How to create WCF RESTful Service.