In this blog, you will find a list of MVC and Core MVC tutorial.
ASP.Net MVCMVC stands for Model View and Controller. Originally, it was Thing-Model-View-Editor and later known as Model View Controller.
MVC is an architectural pattern that isolates application code into 3 different parts - Model, View, and Controller.
You may use the MVC pattern in Java, C++, C#, and other languages as well.
The first version i.e. MVC 1 was released in the year 2009, since then 5 major versions of ASP.Net MVC have been released and now Core MVC 1.0 and Core MVC 2.0 has been introduced.
Let's understand Model, View, and Controller one by one in this blog.
View is equivalent to ASPX or HTML page which is responsible for presenting UI section of the application.
Controller is like the code behind in traditional ASP.Net application. The very first request comes to the controller only.
Model is the middleware in the MVC pattern.
ASP.Net MVC5 IntroASP.Net MVC 5 was released in the year 2013 along with Visual Studio 2013.
Highlights of MVC 5
- ASP.Net Identity
- Bootstrap Template
- Attribute Routing
- Authentication Filters
- ASP.Net Scaffolding
- Filter Overrides
Software Requirements to run MVC 5OS - Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2012
IDE - Visual Studio 2013 and above
ASP.Net Core MVCASP.Net Core MVC is a new development framework provided by Microsoft.
Microsoft introduces ASP.Net Core MVC in the year 2016. The main purpose of introducing Core MVC is to make it platform-independent. Core MVC is lightweight and as a result, it is faster than older versions of MVC.
Here you will find the tutorial on ASP.Net Core MVC as well.
My first blog on ASP.Net Core MVC
Software Requirements to run ASP.Net Core MVCOS - Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
IDE - Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017
Learn MVC step by step
- MVC Introduction
- MVC Version
- MVC Architecture
- LifeCycle of an MVC Application
- Http GET vs Http POST
- Razor View and ASPX in MVC
- My First MVC Application
- ActionResult in MVC
- ActionName and NonAction Attribute
- How to bind Dropdown list with static values
- How to bind Dropdown list in MVC
- What is MVC Routing?
- How to add Constraints in MVC Routing?
- Attribute Routing in MVC
- RenderBody() vs RenderSection()
- What is ViewStart.cshtml file?
- How to use multiple Layout in a single MVC application?
- What is Model?
- What is View?
- What is Controller in MVC?
- Anti-forgery tokens in MVC
- Data Annotation in MVC
- What is ViewModel?
- How to Pass data from Controller to View?
- ViewData vs ViewBag vs TempData
- HTMLHelpers in MVC
- What are Filters in ASP.Net MVC?
- What is Area in MVC?
- Exception Handling in MVC
- Caching in ASP.Net MVC
- Upload a File with form data in MVC
- Authentication and Authorization in MVC
- Updatemodel and TryUpdatemodel (Comming Soon)
- What is Dependency Injection in MVC? (Comming Soon)
- Create an input form in MVC and Save data into Database (Comming Soon)
- Live Project in MVC (Comming Soon)
- Important MVC Interview Questions and Answers